CHS Magnolia reports grain dryer bin fire

Magnolia and Luverne fire departments responded to the scene of a dryer bin fire Thursday morning, Dec. 12, at the CHS elevator terminal in Magnolia.

When emergency responders arrived shortly before 10:30 a.m., CHS had already shut off gas connections and had started removing corn from the 2,700-bushel bin.

“They knew what to do,” said Luverne Fire Chief David Van Batavia.

 


Full text available to subscribers only. If you are a current subscriber, please login here. If you would like to subscribe, please click here for online subscriptions. We also have a new One-Day Option for just 99¢. Thank you.

Comment Here